All language collections are located in the Utrecht University Library City Centre.
- Dutch (NED), German (DUI) and English (ENG) are located on the ground floor
- Literary studies (ALW), French (FRA), Italian (ITA), Spanish (SPA) and Celtic Languages (KEL) are located on the first floor.
- Do you want to know more details about the arranged of topics and the corresponding codes? Each of the collection for the Humanities has a dedicated page with a link to the classification.
What will you find in the language collections?
- General studies on the language and literature of a certain region. For instance you will find many dictionaries here
- Linguistics of the languages Dutch, English, Celtic, French, Italian and Spanish
- Literary studies (form the greater part of the language collections). This part is arranged by period. For each period you will find general studies and next the authors from that particular period, arranged alphabetically, with primary sources (the work written by the author), translations and secundary sources (studies about the author).
- In the collection of Literary studies (Dutch abbreviation: ALW) you will find books on theoretical and empirical literary studies. Comparative literary studies are arranged by period.