Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Search engines for French
- Bibliographie d'histoire littéraire française (Klapp-Online). This online version is a continuation of the print bibliography which is often indicated as "the Klapp". Please note: it only contains references to the articles, not the articles themselves
- CAIRN is a collection of French electronic journals in the field of Humanities, the Social Sciences, Geosciences and Economics. You can search for your topic (in French!) and read full text articles (in PDF).
Collections of texts
- Corpus de la littérature narrative: collection of French texts from the Middle Ages to the twentieth century
- Gallica: all digital publications from the Bibliothèque Nationale de France. Includes full text books, newspapers, journals and dictionaries.
- LiteRom Wereldliteratuur: Book reviews of Dutch translatons of foreign literature. Every two weeks the latest reviews as well as interviews with authors are added to LiteRom Wereldliteratuur. It contains articles from Dutch newspapers and weekly magazines 1876 onwards.
The language collections in the University Library City Centre
All language collections are located in the Utrecht University Library City Centre.
- Dutch (NED), German (DUI) and English (ENG) are located on the ground floor
- Literary studies (ALW), French (FRA), Italian (ITA), Spanish (SPA) and Celtic Languages (KEL) are located on the first floor.
- Do you want to know more details about the arranged of topics and the corresponding codes? Each of the collection for the Humanities has a dedicated page with a link to the classification.
What will you find in the language collections?
- General studies on the language and literature of a certain region. For instance you will find many dictionaries here
- Linguistics of the languages Dutch, English, Celtic, French, Italian and Spanish
- Literary studies (form the greater part of the language collections). This part is arranged by period. For each period you will find general studies and next the authors from that particular period, arranged alphabetically, with primary sources (the work written by the author), translations and secundary sources (studies about the author).
- In the collection of Literary studies (Dutch abbreviation: ALW) you will find books on theoretical and empirical literary studies. Comparative literary studies are arranged by period.