Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Have a look at the information on the right.
Perform the following searches in PubMed
- Perform a PubChem Compound search
- Perform a basic search and retrieve all available reviews.
- How many are there?
- Scan the titles, abstracts and MeSH terms of the retrieved reviews for an indication of the drug class, the therapeutic use and names of other drugs? Record your findings.
- Perform a search by using the MeSH Database to search for information on the drug class of your medicine. Tip:restrict to MeSH Major Topic and transfer to PubMed Search.
- Conduct a search on a similar drug in the same class of drugs.
Make sure to save relevant information in Refworks.
Done? Continue with the next part of the training:
PubMed provides access to:
- Biomedical and Health Journal references(1946 to present and some older material)
- Veterinary medicine
- Health care
- Preclinical sciences
- Life sciences
- Behavioral sciences
- Chemical sciences
- Drug information
- Administration and dosage
- Adverse effects
- Therapeutic use
- Disease information
- Therapy (diet, drug, radiation, surgery, other)
- Prevention and control