Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Have a look at the information on the right.
- Conduct a search on your substance. How many results are retrieved?
- Conduct a search on a similar drug in the same class of drugs. Tip: try one of the drug names from the PubMed excercise.
- Conduct a search on the drug class.
Done? Continue with the next part of the training:
Cochrane Library provides access to:
- Systematic reviews in health care:
- Cochrane reviews: Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews and other reviews: Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects
- Intervention reviews assess the benefits and harms of interventions used in healthcare and health policy.
- Diagnostic test accuracy reviews assess how well a diagnostic test performs in diagnosing and detecting a particular disease.
- Methodology reviews address issues relevant to how systematic reviews and clinical trials are conducted and reported.
- Clinical trials: Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials
- Method studies: The Cochrane Methodology Register
- Technology assessments: Health Technology Assessment Database
- Economic evaluations: The NHS Economic Evaluation Database