Have a look at the information on the right.
1. Perform a search in ToxNet. Search for a particular medicine by chemical name. Tip: use the Search All Databases search field to search all databases simultaneously.
- How many records are retrieved for each of the ToxNet databases?
- Read the information on the Database Description Support Page. Which database would you use to find information on possible adverse effects in nursing infants?
- What is the chemical structure of your medicine?
- What is the therapeutic use of your medicine? Tip: check out the classification codes and/or notes of the ChemIDplus full record.
- Export relevant references to RefWorks.
2. Perform additional searches:
- Conduct a search on a similar drug in the same class of drugs. Tip: try one of the drug names from the PubMed excercise.
- Conduct a search on the drug class.